Ogidi mourns as only son, one other electrocuted


 Jamie Chukwuemelie Enechukwu of www.odogwublog.com reports that Ogidi is in mourn as the only son of a family in Uruoji village, Ogidi,  Idemili North Local Government Area Council headquarters, Anambra State, were yesterday electrocuted while trying to fix
a fallen Television, TV, antenna pole on a public club centre. He died with one other person.


The incident, which occurred along Onitsha-Ogidi-Awka old road, Ogidi, attracted large sympathisers who trouped to have a glimpse of the two corpses lying on the ground.

The dead only son who owned the club centre, was said to be fixing
the fallen pole in preparation for the European league football match
fixture billed for yesterday so as not to disappoint his customers who
would come to watch the match live on payment of certain amount of money.

As he was doing that with the help of a customer, who had just
finished his Post- Primary School Certificate Examination, the pole
touched the high tension wire that passes through the front view of
the club centre and both got electrocuted immediately.

The father of the only son is said to be bed ridden for years now as a
result of High Blood Pressure, HBP.

Confirming the incident, the Ogidi Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Mr
Mark Ijarafu, said, "we are on the ground, planning to deposit the
corpses at Iyi-Enu Mission hospital morgue, Ogidi"

He urged club centre owners and others to always be wary of electrical
Appliances where ever they may be to avoid sudden death.

 Photo depict
Ogidi mourns as only son, one other electrocuted Ogidi mourns as only son, one other electrocuted   Reviewed by Odogwu Emeka Odogwu on Monday, August 20, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments: