Umuawulu people in tears, as fire razes family apartment days to mum’s burial


Property worth millions of naira were on Saturday, reportedly lost to an inferno that gutted a bungalow in Agbana community, Umuawulu in Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra state.


The disaster was said to have left family members in agony as they were planning the burial of their late mother when it happened.

Speaking to newsmen at the scene of the incident, the victims, Anthonia Nwoye and Cyril Nweke, attributed the cause of the incident to high voltage.

“We suspect that the fire was caused by high voltage because it suddenly sparked off shortly after the EEDC restored power,” Nweke said.

He said the building was recently renovated for the upcoming burial ceremony, appealing for urgent support from relevant authorities and spirited Nigerians.
Reacting, the traditional ruler of Umuawulu, Igwe Joel Egwuonwu, thanked God that no life was lost to the inferno.

He however regretted that the fire destroyed the family’s hope of livelihood, saying their documents, life time investment were lost to the inferno.

When contacted, the Director of State Fire Service, Mr. Martin Agbili who sympathized with the victims over the incident, underscored the need for residents to always be at alert to fire incidences.
Umuawulu people in tears, as fire razes family apartment days to mum’s burial Umuawulu people in tears, as fire razes family apartment days to mum’s burial Reviewed by Odogwu Emeka Odogwu on Sunday, September 09, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments: