Kerosene explosion burns woman, razes eight rooms in Anambra


www.odogwublog.com reports that a middle-aged woman on Monday night sustained severe burns all over her body following a kerosene explosion that engulfed her apartment in Awada-obosi, Anambra State.


The explosion was said to have completely raised down eight rooms service quarters of the apartment, located at No. 7 Dike Ezeagu street Ugwuagba, including that of the woman.

The victim, Mrs Gift Oroke, was preparing dinner at about 10pm, after pouring alleged adulterated kerosene in her stove, when the explosion occurred, leaving her with varying degrees of burns.

Confirming the incident, the State PPRO, Haruna Mohammed, said the victim was taken to St. Martins hospital, Ugwuagba, Awada for medical attention.
He said sample of the kerosene was obtained for analysis, adding that the case was being investigated to ascertain the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Mohammed adviced members of the public to always take necessary precautions when using kerosene and other combustible substances in order to prevent recurance of such ugly incidents.

It would be recalled that similar incidents recently occurred in Nkwelle Ogidi and Amikwo in Awka, leading to the death of one Ada Okpoto (14), while one Devine Favour (13) sustained various degrees of burns respectively.
Kerosene explosion burns woman, razes eight rooms in Anambra Kerosene explosion burns woman, razes eight rooms in Anambra Reviewed by Odogwu Emeka Odogwu on Wednesday, August 15, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments: